Power Tellers is our afterschool enrichment program, designed with students ages 12 to 15 in mind.
Students work with a pair of dynamic, caring teaching artists to:
- Explore issues of importance to them
- Learn to tell stories of their choosing that express their feelings and aspects of their identity
- Have fun and bond with peers
- Develop confidence and skills that will serve them well
- Be uplifted by their success and new friendships
Power Tellers runs as an online or in person program.
In addition to academic learning, it promotes:
- Public speaking
- Engagement with community issues
- Emotional development and connection